GET THE FULL REPORT HERE
Still 14 degrees of frost.
I’m glad I don’t live there, too cold!
@ the Nuevo Vallarta for lunch.
Ended with fried ice cream.
It’s gonna be 15°
In Reno tonight, and my cousins plan to go downtown for the fireworks.
I think I’m going to pass.
Glad I don’t live there either, brrrrrrr
Shiver @ 70
The NWS: A VERY COLD AIRMASS HAS PUSHED INTO THE REGION WITH WELL BELOW
NORMAL TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TONIGHT. THESE COLD TEMPERATURES,
COMBINED WITH BREEZY EAST WINDS OVERNIGHT, WILL PUSH WIND CHILL
VALUES TO NEAR ZERO FOR THE VALLEYS OF WESTERN NEVADA. FOR THE
TAHOE BASIN AND EASTERN SIERRA, WIND CHILL VALUES TONIGHT ARE
EXPECTED TO DROP WELL BELOW ZERO TO AS LOW AS -15 DEGREES F.
ANYONE HEADING OUTDOORS FOR NEW YEAR’S EVE FESTIVITIES SHOULD TAKE
EXTRA PRECAUTIONS TO STAY WARM TONIGHT. A FEW LIGHT SNOW FLURRIES
ARE ALSO POSSIBLE OVERNIGHT.
Wise to pass. 😉
Bit of humor by which to end the Old Year:
1. When I was born, I was given a choice – a big pecker or a good memory…. I don’t remember what I chose.
2. Your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
3. A wife is a sex object. Every time you ask for sex, she objects.
4. Impotence: nature’s way of saying, “No hard feelings…”
5. There are only two four letter words that are offensive to men – ‘don’t’ and ‘stop’, unless they are used together.
6. Panties: Not the best thing on earth, but next to the best thing on earth.
7. There are three stages in a man’s life: Tri-Weekly, Try Weekly and Try Weakly.
8. Virginity can be cured.
9. Virginity is not dignity, it’s lack of opportunity.
10. Having sex is like playing bridge – if you don’t have a good partner, you better have a good hand.
11. I tried phone sex once, but the holes in the dial were too small.
12. Marriage is the only war where you get to sleep with the enemy.
13. Question: What’s an Australian kiss?
Answer: The same thing as a French kiss, only down under.
14. A couple just married were happy with the whole thing. He was happy with the Hole and she was happy with the Thing.
15. Question: What are the three biggest tragedies in a man’s life?
Answer: Life sucks, job sucks and the wife doesn’t.
16. Question: Why do men find it difficult to make eye contact?
Answer: Breasts don’t have eyes.
17. Despite the old saying, ‘Don’t take your troubles to bed’, many men still sleep with their wives!
Yup! That’s what happens when a man runs a blog unless he is gay, not that there is anything wrong with that.
More fine Champagne please!
It’s probably around 30° outside. I’ll run out to the LR to check….
It’s colder, it’s 28°. I’ll go out for a stroll around 9:00. The only precipitation is the leftover ice balls on the lawns. I won’t walk down to the road to the mailbox, the grass is slippery! It’s been like that the past 3 days, I guess.
Watch, even after I said that I’ll end up trying to get to the road for the mail. Unless I get spooked by sliding, I don’t want to fall!
My mood was not helped when I slipped on an icy walkway and fell on my butt walking in with groceries after work. Hard to maintain dignity 🙂
Been there, done that, tough on the back.
Yes, best to fall in private. Most of mine have been in private, THANK goodness.
Everybody is falling apart. My cousin Russ (year older than me) had colon surgery back in November, still in rehab. Just found this out. His colon had a fistula that poked a hole in his colon and bladder and matter was dripping into his bladder. How about THAT! Geez! He must be miserable.
One of my oldest friends, who has had her share bad health this past year, her 49 year old daughter had a colonoscopy, they poked a hole in her bladder and she’s been walking around with a catheter. Surgery for that in January.
My nephew had symptoms (don’t know what they were), went to the doctor…diabetes AND his liver is enlarged. He’s a big drinker, drinks vodka from the time he gets home from work until he needs to go to bed. Plus he has, has always had, atrocious eating habits. Won’t eat anything that is green for one thing. He only eats crap no matter how much his wife nags, or tries to change his habits. He’s asked for his bad health. He’s having a hard time not drinking, has switched to a strong beer and less vodka, still, tonight he drank too much and is already in bed. I was chatting with his wife in messenger in Face Book, that’s how I know.
Something wrong with my other nephew, Patrick’s brother. He may have Lime disease.
Bob’s feeling pretty good the past couple days. Go figure.
Everyone is falling apart. Even me. I should probably make an appointment with the new doctor, maybe get a mammogram and a blood test, see how the old cholesterol is doing. Hope it’s still good.
If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I walked down to the mailbox. I knew I would. I was very, VERY careful. When I got to the end of the trees, time to step onto the actual gravel drive, I used my LED flashlight. That helped me miss all the ridges of ice and step only on cleared areas.
Jim, did you make it to the mailbox? Did you get my Christmas card?
Ah hell! Had planned on doing that when I got home from work today! 🙂
About 2:30 lay down for a nap and only now arose.
Now down to 20 degrees of frost. But nothing like @ Jim’s.
Close enough 🙂
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Google+ account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Twitter account.
( Log Out /
You are commenting using your Facebook account.
( Log Out /
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Notify me of new posts via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 57 other followers