I thought I had a post set to go here but apparently not.
Pic above is my latest effort at making a couple bucks that is turning into me losing more than a couple of bucks.
I spent $200 in tuneup, carb. rebuild, a replacement distributor, plugs wires, stripping the entire interior and cleaning the dirt-filled carpet, replace the cigarette-burned front seat bottom cushion upholstery, and still no power, it would not go up a significant hill, unfortunately all we have here is significant hills. I thought a tuneup and carb. rebuild would fix it, NOT! (never mind the seat upholstery)
I did the last thing I could think of to remedy it’s ills, removed and inspected the Catalytic Convertor- PLUGGED with black crud! ARRRRR! So I pulled out the best catalytic convertor repair tool that I have in the tool box; an 18″ long 1-1/4 inch auger bit that relieved the constipation holding back the power, VOILA! normal weak 2.8 Liter V6 power has returned.
Smaller issues remain but the biggee is solved except for one minor detail, a new convertor is $200+ bucks.
So the story continues…